On the Cloture Motion (Motion to Invoke Cloture on the Nomination of Cass R. Sunstein, to be Administrator of the Office of Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget )
Let me explain what this vote meant. Cass Sunstein was nominated by the President as Administrator of the Office of Regulatory Affairs (Regulatory Czar). He has to be voted on by the senate, but a republican senator tried to block it. The block requires a cloture vote that requires 60 votes to remove the block. This wasnt the actual vote for nomination- but just as bad. Here's why:
1. Author of "Animal Rights" & "Nudge"
2. Has said that "animals should be able to bring suit, with human beings as their representatives".
3. Takes a dim view of the 2nd amendment.
4. Wants to end the eating of meat.
5. Wants to require everyone to be an organ donor.
6. Believes you should not be able to remove rats from your home if it causes them pain.
7. Believes there is nothing special about human beings.
Just to name a few....
In his new position he will be deciding what the laws mean and how they should be enforced. He can use the USDA to take dairy and meat out of school lunch programs. He could use the Dept. of the Interior to stop hunting and fishing on federal lands. He could add animals to the endangered species list to cripple farmers (already being done). He has a strong and undeniable animal rights agenda and should NOT be confirmed.
Please write and call the two senators and ask them to vote NO on his confirmation!
Iran Re-elects Rouhani as President
13 hours ago