Thursday, July 23, 2009

Referendum 71 Update

I saw a sad thing the other day...as you read below there is a movement here in WA to make marriage between a man and a woman- they have only a couple days left to get all the signatures they need to put it to a vote....

I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and a gentleman was standing at the door trying to collect signatures for this mission. I had already signed but I stood and talked to him for a minute. He had just had someone throw a grocery cart at him and he and he told me how he and his group had had to endure names, swear words and having their sign sheets torn up. I was appalled- I had no idea so many people out there were so bigoted about this issue. Aren't we all entitled to our own opinions? Would a conservative be able to get away with such vile behavior? I think not....

No comments:

Post a Comment